Jasmine Pearls are hand-rolled young Chinese green tea leaves, generally from Fujian Province, though they are produced in other provinces. The rolled pearls are dried, and then blended with unopened night-blooming jasmine flowers. Over the course of a night, the flowers open and release their aroma into the tea, flavoring it and giving it the heady scent associated with the tea. The next morning, the flowers are removed and the operation is done all over again - up to six times for high-quality jasmine teas!
Fresh and sensual, Jasmine Pearls can be steeped up to 3 times. 1 oz. of loose leaf, if steeped properly multiple times, will brew approx. 40 cups.
BREWING INSTRUCTIONS (8 oz. serving)
1. Scoop a slightly heaping teaspoon of tea leaves into your infuser.
2. Heat water to 190° (just before boiling).
3. Pour 8 oz. of water over tea leaves.
4. Steep tea for 1-2 minutes (depending on taste preference).
5. Remove infuser and enjoy tea.