Kuki-cha (pronounced koo-kee-CHA )is Japanese, comprised mostly of stems and veins from the leaves used to make Matcha. It yields a light cup of green tea with a distinctly toasty, Japanese flavor.
Kukicha is lower in caffeine than most green teas, as there is little leaf involved.
Known for its aromatic properties, Kukicha is best used when brewed in water that is hotter than that generally used for green teas. This higher temperature brings out the aroma.
BREWING INSTRUCTIONS (8 oz. serving)
1. Scoop a slightly heaping teaspoon of tea leaves into your infuser.
2. Heat water to 190° - 200° (just before boiling).
3. Pour 8 oz. of water over tea leaves.
4. Steep tea for 1-2 minutes (depending on taste preference).
5. Remove infuser and enjoy tea.